Lucasville Prison Rebellion 20 years later: an interview wit’ political prisoner Imam Saddique Hasan
Lucasville prisoners lead spreading hunger strike at Ohio State Penitentiary
BULLETIN: The hunger strikers situation is urgent. As of April 21, Bomani Shakur (Keith LaMar) had already lost 28 pounds! He and Hasan remain on strike. No update is yet available on the other hunger strikers. Sign the online petition at http://www.change.org/
petitions/ohio-department-of- rehabilitation-and- corrections-allow-on-camera- interviews-with-lucasville- uprising-prisoners#
administrations. Imam Saddique Hasan tells what happened during this historic prison rebellion in the Ohio concentration camp system …
I’ve been behind enemy lines for 29 years. I had been imprisoned for nine years prior to the year in discussion.
The designed capacity of Lucasville is 1,638 cells, but the prison was overcrowded at the time of the uprising, namely, to 146.3 percent of its capacity.
The rebellion was prompted by conservative guards’ elitist attitude and blatant racism toward inner-city Blacks.
This is the synopsis of a story that is all too common behind enemy lines, when it comes to Black prisoners versus white guards and administrations.
One of the prosecutors, who is now a state judge, recently stated to a documentary filmmaker, “I don’t think that we will ever know who hands-on killed the Corrections Officer Vallandingham.” This is not what he and other prosecutors told our juries.
OSP prisoners join hunger strike to mark 20th anniversary of Lucasville Uprising and demand media interviews
- JoEllen Smith: (614) 752-1150, email@example.com
- Warden David Bobby: (330) 743-0700, ext. 2006, David.Bobby@odrc.state.oh.us
- Siddique Abdullah Hasan, R130-559, OSP, 878 Coitsville Hubbard Rd., Youngstown, OH 44505
- Jason Robb, 308-919, OSP, 878 Coitsville Hubbard Rd., Youngstown, OH 44505
- Bomani Shakur (Keith Lamar), 317-117, OSP, 878 Coitsville Hubbard Rd., Youngstown, OH 44505
- Greg Curry, 213-159, OSP, 878 Coitsville Hubbard Rd., Youngstown, OH 44505